Solar Thermal Systems Ireland, Northern Ireland. This system uses solar energy from the sun to heat domestic hot water in your home. Solar hot water panels go onto the roof of the home. Then a solar hot water storage tank is installed. Solar hot water panels are known as collectors. There are two types of collectors, Flat plate or Evacuated tubes. An engineer will look at your heating needs and help you choose which collector to use.
The solar panels collect solar energy from the suns rays. So Solar energy comes from the solar panels on the roof. It is then sent to a coil at the bottom of the solar hot water tank. Which then heats the water in the tank, and provides the hot water for the house. This system is know as solar hot water heating. It can supply between 50% to 70% of the heating needs for your domestic hot water.
The benefits of solar water heating.
- Reduced energy bills. Sunlight is free. So once you’ve paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be reduced.
- Economic. Uses Free solar energy. Cost Effective
- Lower carbon footprint. Solar hot water is a green heating system. So they are non Pollution. As a result your carbon dioxide emissions are reduced.
- Limitless. The sun is a limitless resource of solar energy.
- Hot water throughout the year. The system works all year round, though you’ll need to heat the water further with a boiler or immersion heater during the winter months.
Grants Available for Solar Thermal Systems Ireland
SEAI Better Energy Homes Grant. This gives Irish homeowners who install solar hot water systems on an existing home a grant of €1200. Terms and Conditions apply please see grant form for details.
NuTech Renewables Ltd are fully qualified and certified installers for solar thermal panels. The team have taken installer trainer by both Dimplex and Kingspan. As a result home-owners receive additional warranties on their system. For example with Kingspan Solar panels you have the Kingspan 20 year warranty.
Please find below the details of the solar thermal systems which NuTech Renewables Ltd supply and install throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland.