NuTech’s Solar Enhanced Heating and Hot Water System How Does it work
The patented Solar Enhanced Heating and hot water system (SEH) heats hot water and rooms in a home. Solar hot water panels go onto the roof of the home, and a solar hot water storage tank is installed. There will be more solar panels installed on the roof than a normal solar hot water heating system. As you want to collect as much solar energy as possible. The solar energy collected is then used to heat hot water and rooms in a home.
SEH How it Works.
Solar Hot Water. Solar energy comes from the solar panels on the roof. It is then sent to a coil at the bottom of the solar hot water tank. This heats the water in the tank, and provides the hot water for the house.
Solar Assisted Heating. The solar hot water tank can act as a heat store for the solar energy collected. When requested (via the IRES controller) this stored solar energy is taken from the solar tank to a fan coil radiator. Which uses the heat to warm the air in the house . This reduces the energy required for home heating. In summer , when no heat is wanted you can divert the energy away from the radiator. The solar energy will go only to the solar hot water tank .
Unique Patented Technology.
Low levels of solar radiation are found in winter months in Ireland. In most cases the solar energy collected would be to weak to heat water in a solar tank. So a normal solar hot water heating system would not work in dull weather.
In winter the solar panels will collect this low grade solar energy. Thus the low grade solar energy is sent to a fan coil radiator. The radiator will send this energy out as heat. This helps to warm the air in the home. So it will now take less energy to heat your home. This saves you money and helps to reduce your heating bill.
Benefits of installing the Solar Enhanced Heating system for Builders.
- Achieve an A2 Rated house.
- Uses Natural Ventilation.
- You can use standard U-Values in the Ground Floor, External Walls, Roof and Windows.
- This system meets Part L of the 2011 Building Regulations.
- NuTech can supply a system for a house with a MVHR system.
- NuTech can supply a system for a house with a Positive Input Ventilation system.
NuTech’s Solar Enhanced Heating and Hot Water System Better than a heat pump.
The SEH has a lower installation cost for the builder than a Heat Pump system.
It is simpler to install than a Heat Pump system.
As the main boiler is a gas or oil fired unit normal sized radiators are used in the house with a normal easily understood control system.
Homeowners find it easier to use than a Heat Pump system. For example the heating system is on for one hour in the morning and then for a few hours in the evening.
Additonally for the homeowner it has lower running costs for Space and Water Heating than a Heat Pump system.
It has lower CO2 emissions than a Heat Pump system.
Easy installation of the NuTech’s Solar Enhanced Heating and Hot Water System for plumbers
- The NuTech Pumping Station comes as a unit ready for the plumber to install.
- Connections are made by the plumber to the solar collector, the hot water cylinder and the Fan Coil Radiator.
- The motorised valves are part of the pre-plumbed assembly.
- This simple Solar Enhanced Heating and Hot Water system can be installed as a single package by the Builder’s Plumber.
- NuTech provides Design Guides and Installation Training for the Builder’s Plumber.
Awards for the NuTech’s Solar Enhanced Heating and Hot Water System
2014: “Best Renewable Energy Product” – Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland 2014 Energy Show
2013: “Uk Bronze Winner for Energy Reduction” – Green Apple Awards 2013
2013: “Most Innovative Renewable Installation” – Action Renewable Association Awards
For further details please contact nutech renewables ltd, or give the team a call on +44 28 41753031.